CRAIG HOY invited residents and regular visitors to take part in his “Help Craig to Help North Berwick” survey.
Over 200 residents, business owners and visitors from nearby villages participated in the survey.
North Berwick is a great place to live, work and visit, but recent growth and increasing visitor numbers are creating real pressures, from parking to GP surgery provision.
Craig says: “It’s fantastic that North Berwick is such a desirable place to live, but this has come at a price. We must find solutions to the problems the town faces, and for me this means firmly pressing pause on further development in and around the town.”
Craig’s Top Priorities for the Town:
- Find long-term parking solutions, including additional edge of town provision and exploring options for seasonal park and ride facilities while protecting the famous seafront.`
- Provide affordable housing incentives alongside skilled jobs locally so young people are not forced to move away from their home town.
- Say ‘enough is enough’ to big developers by taking back local control of planning to ensure local decisions are final.
- Provide more investment in schools and policing to more accurately reflect the recent growth in North Berwick.
- Press for national solutions to local “nuisance” issues such as dog fouling and dirty and irresponsible coastal camping.